Wildlife discovery for pre-school age children and their families.
- Working with the local Wildlife Trusts, Children’s Centres, Play Ranger Projects, NHS and Cambridgeshire County Council to plan, promote and deliver wild play sessions aimed at under five year olds.
- Provision of professional training for child-minders, nursery practitioners and family workers in delivering environmental education.
- Delivery of activities at large-scale community events.
- Including raising project funding, completing risk assessments and site surveys, liaising with landowners and other stakeholders.
- Delivering outdoor learning schools outreach sessions within school grounds and at local greenspaces for nursery, infant and primary school age pupils.
- Worked with the Wildlife Trust and local Children’s centre to run a monthly Wild Play group for Dads and their children at Fulbourn Fen Nature Reserve.
Photo credits – Rachel Steward, Wild Play and Education